This is a must watch in my opinion for any new parent. It equips you with 5 soothing techniques that help calm the fussiest of newborns. They’re called the 5 S’s:
- Swaddle (see my post on swaddling)
- Shush (mimic the white noise in the womb)
- Side (baby on their side)
- Shake (no really shake, more wobble so their head wobbles a bit)
- Suck (every babies sooth all, either on boob, finger or paci)
There is also a book you can buy, but what I love about the DVD is you can watch all the soothing techniques which leads to better understanding and I also had my husband watch with me — better than trying to get him to read a book about baby soothing!