If you’re like my husband and I you will be in awe of the amount of time you’ve spent talking about poop over the last six+ months! Well, here we are again talking about poop, but this time what to do if there’s a lack thereof!
Constipation can happen once you start your baby on solids. If you notice a change in your baby’s bowl movements, no movements, or if they become firm and pellet like, you need to help your baby getting things moving. Here are a few tips that we’ve gotten to help:
- water: give your baby some water while they’re eating solids
- flax seed oil: you can put a few drops (very little) in your baby’s food (check with your pediatrician first)
- foods that start with a “P”: peas, pears, prunes
- prune juice and water: be careful with this one, if you give too much you can have an explosive situation on your hands. I wouldn’t give this at night, you’ll be up all night if the prunes kick in.
- belly massage: you can do some belly massage in the share of an I, L and U (I love you!): with two fingers down their left side (inside of ribs on belly), then across top and down left side, then up their right side across top and down the left side of their belly.
Have any other tips!? Please share them here.
Of course, if you have any concerns or if your baby seems to be in pain call your pediatrician!